The Positive Parent Coach
Meet Marie - Your Positive Parenting Coach
Marie McLeod has done her time in the parenting trenches, raising 3 kids (2 with special needs and twins) and has learnt a lot about staying UP when life pushes you DOWN.
She will be the first to admit that despite being university qualified and having worked in senior roles in Social Work, Positive Psychology and Adult Education, parenting is the hardest job she’s ever done.
She won’t profess to know it all, but in a heartfelt and humble way, her coaching offers you the benefit of both her lived experience and professional expertise, to help empower your family to flourish.
Over the last decade, a growing body of Positive Psychology and Neuroscience research has discovered that there are simple, practical approaches you can take to parenting that will bring out the best in you and your children.
Some studies suggest these strategies can inoculate children against depression and anxiety and may boost their academic achievement by as much as 11%
Book in your initial 1-hour consultation for only $99 (Valued at $199. Limited time offer)
Good mental wellbeing for children starts with good mental wellbeing for parents
Easy, right? Hmmm not so fast... If you’re anything like other parents we’ve coached, you may feel like you're surviving more than you're thriving.
Do you ever feel like you:
• Struggle to consistently show up as the parent you’d hope you’d be?
• Have difficulty striking the right balance between your roles as parent, partner and professional or having trouble transitioning back into work?
• Have a child who experiences moments of anxiety, anger or sadness that threaten your family’s ability to flourish?
• Wanted to more consistently model resilience, optimism and behaviours needed for success to your kids?
• Feel your family unit could become closer and connected?
• Wish you had someone in your camp, cheering you on, so that you could “show up and shine” at home and/or work each day?
IF you said YES to one or more of the question above… You’ve come to the right place. We’re here because, not that long ago, we were answering YES to these questions too.
If you’re ready to move from SURVIVING to THRIVING, book your session with the Positive Parent Coach
Here’s what you’ll get:
• An approach that values your unique circumstances, strengths and challenges
• No bulls##t, no judgement, no blame – we’ve been there and worse!
• Support to apply practical, evidence-based tools, tailored to you and your children
• An email “script” detailing suggested actions and accompanying resources after each session
• A money back guarantee – yep, we’ve been doing this long enough to see the impact in families (see our testimonials. If you don’t feel it’s added value, we’ll refund your money)
Unsure of how Positive psychology and neuroscience can transform your family's life?
What lead me to her door was my state of "I don't know what to do". I was in a huge state of change in my life and had simply lost my way... As I live in New Zealand, we had a Skype session. This in itself, was a new experience for me, but Marie made it very easy. She sent me a questionnaire prior to the session which really set us up for the coaching experience. Honestly, I was so impressed at how quickly we got to the critical issues... She listened with care and compassion then used her knowledge and skills to help me work things out for myself. The most extraordinary thing about my session was just that. I only had 1 session with Marie. Its fare to say though, that it was completely life changing. - Heather
I had known for some time that I was ready to start some counselling but I dreaded the idea of trying to find the right person. After meeting Marie, I knew that she was perfect for me... I admired her intelligence, her openness about her own fragility and her dedication to her work and research. Marie has provided practical tools and supporting literature that helped me address some personal behaviours and explore conflict in relationships that I wanted to work through. In a word, Marie has empowered me to continue to evolve and grow, I am eternally grateful for her guidance and help - Susan